I am going to teach you how to create and manage Tab Groups in Safari Mac. I was using Macbook for a long time till I moved to Windows 11 Laptop. Still, I have to admit that Tab management on Safari Mac is something impeccable, never ever seen such brilliant tabs management.
One thing is for sure on Safari Mac, no matter how many tabs you open, the safari on Mac will compromise on performance and smoothness.
Just like you open new tabs in new windows on Chrome for Windows, similarly, you can open as many tabs in a single tab group and create as many tab groups as you want.
How to Create and Manage Tab Groups in Safari Mac
Time needed: 2 minutes.
This tab grouping helps the users to categorize their daily work on different tabs in each individual group. We are demonstrating this tutorial on managing Safari Tabs and Groups, showing you the detailed steps to create and manage tab groups in the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Create a New Tab Group in Safari Mac
1. Launch the Safari browser on your Macbook Air/Pro or other Mac Device you have.
2. Click on the File option in the menubar.
3. Select the New Empty Tab Group sub-menu
4. Its time to give your group a name and hit Enter key to save
5. Click on the Hide Sidebar icon to continue browsing.
Your Tab Group is ready on Safari Mac. Now any tab you open in this specific tab group will appear inside the group only. You could also preview the sites that are opened in a particular group. For that, click on the Show Sidebar
1. Right-click on the tab group of your choice.
2. Select the Show Tab Overview option.
Rearrange Tabs and Tab Groups
The users are allowed to rearrange a tab in a particular group from the sidebar panel anytime they want. All they need to do is to select and drag the tab group to the desired position.
Users can also drag and drop the tab group above or below a particular group in order to change the position of the group.
Move tab to another Safari Tab Group
- Launch the Safari browser on your MacOS computer.
- Navigate to the tab that you want to move.
- Right-click on the tab bar.
- Hover on the Move to Tab Group option.
- Choose the group where you want to move the tab.
That’s how you move the selected tab on Safari Mac from one tab group to another group.
Switch the Tab groups
Users who create too many tab group gets confused about how to move between Safari Tab Groups. It is so simple to do, just follow the below steps. Users who create more than one tab group can easily switch between the groups from the sidebar panel. Choose the group tab you want to open and it will.
Some people have the sidebar panel hidden on their end. They can also click on the tab group name with a down arrow in the Safari toolbar and select the desired group.
Delete Tab Groups
If any user doesn’t need a tab group anymore, he or she can remove it easily. Here are the steps you need to follow to delete Tab Group on Safari Mac.
1. Open the sidebar from the icon on the panel.
2. Right-click on the desired tab group,
3. Select Delete to remove that tab group from your Safari Browser on Mac.
Rename Tab Group
If anyone of you wants to rename Tab Group on Safari Mac! Here are the steps to do so,
1. Right-click on the tab group, and select Rename command.
2. Fill in the desired name and hit Enter key.
Conclusion: Safari Mac Tab Groups
Group tabs always help people to categorize their workgroup and personal group on Safari Mac. Or, people who are multitasking can keep their nature of work separately on each device. That’s why we highly recommend using Safari Mac tab Groups. Also, if you download Chrome on MacOS, your tab group management on mac becomes easier.
Hopefully, the whole procedure will be enough to help you regarding safari tab group management. Moreover, if you are stuck somewhere or don’t understand something, please feel free to contact us.