Firefox playing not videos online? The error appears usually on many users’ Laptops and desktops. This is one of the most common errors in firefox. Not just in Firefox but also in many of the other browsers like Chrome and Safari.
Mozilla Firefox is considered the 2nd best browser in the world. It is undoubtfully the best browser for web developers.
Their addons system is brilliant just like the Google Chrome Extensions. Mozilla Firefox is backed by some of the world top class developers. So, there is a very rare chance that Firefox is not working at the backend.
We have seen many users complaining that Firefox not playing videos online. We want to clarify that the issue is at your end. Because this issue is with Firefox the Mozilla company will notify through their official platforms.
How to Fix Firefox Not Playing Videos Online
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Here are some of the useful solutions that will help you to fix Firefox Video not Playing issues. Also, these remedies will help you to fo improve the overall performance of Mozilla Firefox on your PC.
- Clear cookies and cache
Keeping the caches for a long time affects the performance of every app. So, you need to make sure that you clean Mozilla Firefox Cache at least once a week.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox on your Browser.
2. Click on the three-bar icon on the top right corner of the Mozilla Firefox Window
3. Click on the options.
4. Go to the Privacy Security Tab
5. Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl+H keys to directly navigate on Firefox History.
6. Click on the Cookies and site data option on the left pane.
7. Only check the Cached Images and Files.
8. Click on the Clear Data option.
Now launch Firefox again and check whether the Firefox not Playing Videos online error is fixed or not.
- Restart Your Device
Restart, Reboot, also known as Soft Reset is the first solution for any app/software issue. It helps you clean the bug that is causing the problem.
Restart your computer, go to the Windows icon. Click on the power option and click on the restart.
On your Mobile Phone, Clear Firefox from the recent tabs and launch it again.
- Update Mozilla Firefox
If the Firefox Video online error is still stuck in your throat, you need to make sure that Firefox is updated to the latest version on your device.
Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your device.
Click on the three vertical dots icon for the options menu.
Select Settings from the list.
Got to the About Firefox section on the Settings page to get version info. Mozilla FireFox will automatically start looking for the latest updates.
The Firefox will be updated and ask for the Relaunch.
- Enable Autoplay on Firefox
Mozilla Firefox Videos Autoplay feature is disabled by default. You will need to enable the auto-player to play online videos in Firefox. I know videos autoplay feature is so annoying but consider it as a troubleshooting step.
1. Launch the Firefox browser on your PC.
2. Click on the Hamburger (three bar menu icon) for options menu.
3. Choose the Options tab.
4. Navigate to Privacy & Security tab
5. Scroll down to the Permissions section.
6. Right next to the Autoplay you will see settings option, click on it.
7. From the default for all websites dropdown, choose Allow Audio and Video.
8. Click on the Save Changes command button.
When you enable autoplay in Firefox, the videos that appear in Firefox will be played automatically without any actions or clicks.
Bottom Line: Firefox not playing videos
These solutions are hopefully enough to fix FireFox ot Playing the Videos Online. If all solutions failed to fix the issue. Then you can try the more potential Solutions like Reset Mozilla Firefox. Or, at the final option. You can delete Mozilla Firefox and Reinstall it. Fresh Installation will clear all the bugs and errors and let you use Mozilla Firefox without errors and interruptions.